Through our partner http://globalvisionsharing.net/ we were connected to this YES initiative. We are glad to share it through our network.
The YES Initiative
YES = YOUTH EUROPE SELF EMPLOYMENT
Building a network of cooperative enterprises for empowered employment and sustainable
More than 10 million young people in Europe are unemployed.
With 50%-60%, the rates are the highest in Spain, shortly followed by Greece, Portugal, Italy, France, UK. Traditional concepts fail to bring them into work and so a lot of our generations’ potential remains unused.
On the other hand, the way we work and live changes quickly and profoundly. More and more people are looking for jobs where they can involve all their creative potential and have a sense of purpose in their work. But still, a lot of young people are bound in jobs that restrict their potential through strict hierarchies and old-fashioned working styles, while others are pushed to work towards an early burnout in corporations serving profit as their only goal.
Creating entrepreneurial cooperatives can serve to combine the power of entrepreneurial drive to shape and change the world, and create employment, with the wisdom of co-creation and collective. The YES Initiative aims to inspire and support young people across Europe to join forces, and support each other to start founding cooperative enterprises to reshape the way we do business and work together, creating an economy actually serving society’s needs in a sustainable way. We aim to contribute to an ultimate vision of youth self-empowerment across Europe, e.g. through forming a network of self-governed initiatives or an umbrella cooperative to join the forces of ‘our’ generation.
Apply now for the YES Initiative Gathering in April 2016!
On 7-10. April 2016, the first YES Initiative Gathering will take place at Schloss Tempelhof Community, South-West Germany.
Be invited to embark on a learning journey together with us and set up a four-day laboratory for collaboration, developing concrete projects and a network of mutual support. We are looking for participants (age 18 to 30) from across Europe who are interested to start or support a cooperative and entrepreneurial project in their country, or internationally together with other participants.
Room and full (organic) board costs: 125 EUR for 4 days.
The YES Initiative Gathering is supported by the inspiring Swiss foundation Stiftung Wegweiser, which enables us to offer travel and accommodation stipends to our international participants, where needed.
Please visit www.stiftungwegweiser.ch to learn more about their work.
What to expect from this gathering:
• First of all, an open process with space for everything you bring – your questions, experiences, and ideas – and for deeply connecting with each other to seize the highest potential of the present moment together in a co-creative way;
• Applicable knowledge and experience shared by the YES Initiative Team, other expert contributors and all participants about cooperative entrepreneurship, social business and collaborative decision-
• Insights into the organizational structure, growth experience and daily life of the Schloss Tempelhof community, which has grown into a cooperative of almost 100 members over the past 5 years and employs about 40% of these in a number of small businesses and organizations within the
• Meet inspired people from all over Europe and more and form lasting personal connections to build a network of ongoing mutual support and inspiration.
You should apply to be part of this, if:
• You are actively interested or already engaged in founding an enterprise or cooperative to empower and employ yourself and other young people in your home country or country of residence, or would like to support such a project;
• You want to contribute your talent and energy into such a project going beyond old school hierarchical structures of organization and releasing the power of co-creation and collective
• You have experience with, or want to learn more about, how to co-create such a self governed, values-based cooperative enterprise with a social purpose;
• You are inspired by the vision of an international network or umbrella cooperative to bring together the energy and voices of ‘our’ generation while supporting local projects;
• You are between 18 and ~30 years old, from any European Union country, fluent in English language and can cover or fund-raise your travel and accommodation independently. (We have some funding support available for those who need it, please contact us as soon as possible.)
We strongly encourage teams to apply, who aim to create a project together in their home country.
Stay Connected: follow our regular news and updates:
https://www.facebook.com/YES-Initiative-595220683952570 , and get in touch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The kick off of AiREAS in October 2012 marked a Milestone for me as founder of STIR and cofounder of AiREAS. It was satisfying to have been able to get to a multidisciplinary format in which the core value of regional health was leading, not politics or economy. And everyone was taking responsibility together in a Sustainocratic way.
Now, after 3 years, we have installed the basic network and developed some time of experience observing and interpretating air pollution data in relation to our exposure to it. Making visible the invisible was our first mission so we could try to understand the health hazards we were dealing with. We called this phase 1.
This phase was wrapped up with this publication oftered to for inspiration through the global publishing channels of Springer. We offer it free of charge in open access in order to reach an as large as possible audience in the world since air pollution is a major threat demanding our attention at all levels of society.
Enjoy! And hopefully you get inspired to do something with it.
India announces to invest 50 Billion USD in development of 100 Smart Cities. On Februari 10th 2016 a very first summit is organised in the capital New Delhi with all stakeholders to take on this challenge. But what is “smart”?
When I was invited to speak during the summit I was inclined to refuse. Most Smart City addresses are pure technology based investments that feed the city’s administration with instruments to control and regulate the cities citizens and visitors, creating often an even larger bureaucracy and financial burden for the population . When I announced my doubts to India I also invited the organisation to consider peer 4 sustainocratic city development. The pursuit for core human values creates a vibrant innovative citizen’s response with entrepreneurship and new economic potentia. The organisation and minister of Urban development reacted positively. The path for a Letter of Intent to work together on Sustainocracy in their 100 cities was established.
I am now honored to be able to address the audience with my invitation and help set the tone for the cocreation of health, air quality, safety, local resiliance, education and multidisciplinary cocreation.
Sustainocratic level 4 `health deal` in Eindhoven with AiREAS
Again our partner Scapeler made animations of the air pollution measurements in Eindhoven during the fireworks tradition around newyear.
The animations are projected over town and one needs to know the layout of the city in order to zoom into specifics if interested. Here is the city map without animation:
You see the inner ring that surrounds the city´s center and the C shape motorways that border the outer limits of the city. All but one Airbox (this one is used for background measurement outside town) is locatied within this C. The network of 35 Airboxes is configured to get an as good as possible view of the human exposure to pollution.
Pollution measured in all Airboxes is PM 1, PM 2.5, PM 10. We also measure UFP (ultrafinedust) on 6 locations but no city representative video can be made of this. To get an idea of…
View original post 160 more words
I was invited to speak in Barcelona and enjoyed the visit back to the city where I grew up as teenager. The Smart City Expo was very well organized on a modern site that I remember geographically in a time of economic decline due to the disappearance of factories to low wage countries and the closure of local screwdriver operations in the early 90’s. Now I came to a modern city development of high rises and exposition buildings. Here you can watch a short video impression:
My own pitch had been placed in the session Society – Technology: driven tools and services for social well-being and aging populations
From minute 50 I talk 10 minutes about the core values and Sustainocracy
At the end of the session journalists remarked that I had been the only one they had met during the entire Expo that had addressed the core human values rather than technology. I sincerely expect that next year there will be many more, as peer 4 societal development (Sustainocracy) will be recognized as evolutionary step to transform city’s vulnerability to innovative strength.